Awww!!! The juicy, crunchy and delicious apples are considered to be the food sent by the Gods. No wonder that the old adage says, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Apples are consumed in various ways – as a whole, apple juice, apple milkshake, apple ice-cream, apple kheer, apple tart, apple cake, apple jam, apple cidar, etc. Don’t these sound scrumptious? You would surely grab an apple now if you read these 11 interesting facts about them.
- You might love roses. You would also present roses for your loved ones for every occasion. Try presenting an apple the next time, for the apple belongs to the rose family Rosaceae.
- If you ever have a plan to cultivate apples, don’t stutter while naming your cultivation to others. The science of growing apples is known as Pomology.
- Do you know that the name of a place literally translates to ‘the apple place’? It’s Almaty from Kazakhstan, where apples originated.
- You can eat a different variety apple each day for the next 21 years, for there are around 7500 varieties of apples in the world.
- Do you always peel off the skin before eating? Think twice before you do that again. The skin of the apple contains Quercetin, an anti-oxidant, which has lots of health benefits.
- That stingy plaque on your teeth can be removed by consuming apples. Malic acid in apple is a teeth-whitening agent.
- The next time you eat an apple, make sure that you take out the seeds completely. Apple seeds are said to contain cyanide compound which is poisonous.
- And some people cannot stand the sight of an apple. They run, make a fuss and even bang their head against a wall, let alone eat an apple. Their phobia has a name – Malusdomesticaphobia.
- Natural wax is used to make the apples look shiny. This is what you might have heard. But the truth is the wax is applied to ward off bacteria from the apple. Nevertheless, you must scrap away the wax before eating it.
- Here comes the most interesting fact about apples. They contain boron which is said to increase your memory and keep you mentally alert. Now who wouldn’t want that?
- The juiciest and tastiest apple is the Red Delicious apple, which is widely cultivated in the United States. Now, stop drooling and grab an apple immediately!
HAPPY APPLE EATING!!!